For All Ages
Help for the hurried
COMING THIS FEBUARY……HELP FOR THE HURRIED LIFE
A special sermon and small group series for the month of FEBUARY (4 weeks in the Season of Lent)
The main goal of this series, based on the book of Philippians, is helping people learn how to get out of the “rat race” of life by focusing on things that make an eternal difference - - resting in the Joy of the Lord. Paul says in Philippians 3:8 “I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things.” We are tackling this issue because we sought to address a felt need in the congregation and community from a Biblical perspective.
Imagine an entire congregation prioritizing their time based on making an eternal difference rather than just what’s most popular, most attractive or “the thing to do.” Imagine an entire community deciding as people of God, as families, as a congregation, to get out of the “rat race” by cutting out things that don’t advance the kingdom. Imagine the impact of focused, intentional, content living. What a great way to respond to God’s call that our “attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 2:5.
We will become contagious people of God to the world as we live in peace, contentment, joy and focus in a hurried world. Join us as we demonstrate how people of God have something the rest of the world wants. More will come to know Jesus Christ through our example. God’s kingdom will be advanced, God will be pleased, and we will see a focus back on Christ our world so desperately needs.
HELP FOR THE HURRIED LIFE
(Based on the Book of Philippians)
Week of Feb. 18 Week 1 – Philippians 1
I’LL NEVER GET IT ALL DONE – CHOOSING WHAT’S BEST
Week of Feb. 25 Week 2 – Philippians 2
I’M FEELING OVERWHELMED – EYES LIKE JESUS
Week of Mar. 4 Week 3 – Philippians 3
EVERYONE WANTS A PIECE OF ME – FINDING FOCUS
Week of Mar. 11 Week 4 – Philippians 4
I WISH I COULD QUIT – CALM IN THE STORM
Sun., Mar. 18 –Series Celebration Sunday
The series will include:
- Sermons on Sunday morning
- HFTHL DVD with a 10-15 minute message from Pastor Biermann
- HFTHL discussion guide to accompany the DVD
- Testimonies on each session of the DVD
- Devotionals based on a passage of Philippians for every day of the month
- Sunday morning Bible class using the small group DVD
- Small Group leader training
- New small groups
- A Prayer team
- Photos and testimonies shared on March 18th in worship
You might be asking what your role in all this is. That is a great question to be asking. This is what we would like you to do.
1. Plan to be in a small group every week for between Feb 18 & Mar. 18.
2. Start thinking now about people in your life who might need some “HELP FOR THE HURRIED LIFE” to invite to worship and a small group gathering.
3. Consider hosting your own small group of people at your home, at a coffee shop, in the break room, over the internet, over the phone or over lunch. Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to host your own group.
4. Start praying now for God’s hand to be upon this effort and for mighty growth in the spiritual lives of our congregation and community to be the result of this series.
I look forward to your involvement and the growth in this congregation spiritually and numerically as a result. God desires for us to be in His word and changed as a result. That is what we plan to do.